Data Platform Engineer — New York City
Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. We work closely with the following verticals: financial (including JP Morgan Chase & Co., Capital One, Citi, TD, Discover, Ally, Bank of America and Synchrony), automotive (including Ford), telecommunications (including AT&T and Sprint), retail (including Walmart), technology (including Salesforce, HP Inc, HP Enterprise, Citrix, and AWS), and consulting (including Deloitte and PwC.) We are currently expanding quickly into the insurance, fashion and health verticals.
At Knotch, we:
- Enable brands to become better content creators through real-time and independent measurement & optimization across on and off property content investments.
- Activate content to move customers to high value actions.
- Turn content into a first party audience data source that flows into the rest of the downstream marketing platforms (CRM, DMP, CDP etc).
Engineering at Knotch:
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products as possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration, achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
Knotch’s founding mission has always been to improve the advertising and marketing industries in a lasting and meaningful way. Transparency through data is our ethos and something every member of our company takes seriously. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who are passionate about data and who are eager to transform an industry to join us on our journey.
Data Platform Engineering
At Knotch, our data platform is vital to providing key intelligence and insights to our clients. As a result, our data platform is the most important element when it comes to successfully scaling our products and technologies. As our platform evolves, agility with stability are critical to avoid bottlenecks in our products and to ultimately increase our value. We’re looking for an experienced data engineer who deeply values clever platform architecture and who emphasizes speed and stability to join our growing team.
What You'll Do at Knotch
- Design and implement resilient backend architectures that process gigabytes and beyond
- Write software for backend services using Python, Scala, and other languages
- Work directly with our Data Science team facilitate new understandings and insights from our data
- Work directly with our full-stack engineering team to expose value from our data
What We Want From You
- 3+ years of data platform engineering experience
- Working experience with AWS services including Kinesis, Lambda, S3, and RedShift
- Experience with various AWS offerings such as EC2, ECS, RDS, and ElastiCache
- Experience with EMR, Scala, Ruby, Postgres, and Redis
- Experience utilizing Python to work with Data Science teams to productize models and applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.