QA Manager, Engineering — New York City
Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. We work closely with the following verticals: financial (including JP Morgan Chase & Co., Capital One, Citi, TD, Discover, Ally, Bank of America and Synchrony), automotive (including Ford), telecommunications (including AT&T and Sprint), retail (including Walmart), technology (including Salesforce, HP Inc, HP Enterprise, Citrix, and AWS), and consulting (including Deloitte and PwC.) We are currently expanding quickly into the insurance, fashion and health verticals.
At Knotch, we:
- Enable brands to become better content creators through real-time and independent measurement & optimization across on and off property content investments.
- Activate content to move customers to high value actions.
- Turn content into a first party audience data source that flows into the rest of the downstream marketing platforms (CRM, DMP, CDP etc).
We’re proudly based in SoHo, NYC and we have a stellar team:
- Best Places To Work: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Small Companies to Work For: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Places to Work: Inc. (2019, 2018)
Knotch Engineering Team
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization, and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products as possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration and achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
Knotch’s founding mission has always been to improve the advertising and marketing industries in a lasting and meaningful way. Transparency through data is our ethos and something every member of our company takes seriously. We are looking for highly-motivated engineers who are passionate about data and eager to transform an industry to join us on our journey.
At Knotch, data is at the heart of what we do. We receive millions of web requests a day, process insights in real-time, and store gigabytes worth of information. Well designed architectures, simple yet effective software implementations, and smart execution have been the keys to our success thus far. We’re looking for engineers who embrace these aspects and who are eager to contribute on all levels of our products.
QA Manager - Engineering
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled hands-on QA Manager to join our engineering team in NYC office. This person will be responsible for managing the automation suites across all products in a fast-paced environment. Creating, maintaining, executing scripts during regression, smoke and sanity in various environments. In your first year, you will have built out our testing frameworks from scratch and have hired a QA team to help us in those efforts!
We Will Trust You with:
- Hands-on automation development
- Building out our first QA team locally in NYC
- Creating automated test and validation processes of APIs on cloud services
- Building comprehensive test suites that will be utilized by overall engineering and product organizations
- Recommending and maintaining appropriate frameworks to automate test scenarios
- Defining and maintaining test automation scope and schedule for different testing types
- Analyzing and reporting on test automation progress
- Performing manual, exploratory and performance testing
- Analyzing test results, performing RCAs and file tickets as necessary in JIRA
- Establishing test automation code coverage metrics
- Collaborating closely with our product manager, project manager (agile), and software engineers to define best practices for testing our applications (both internal and external facing)
You Should Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of QA engineering experience, with 2+ years in leading/managing a software test automation team
- Strong knowledge in QA automation such as Selenium, Watir, Headspin, or other similar technologies
- Preparedness to develop scalable and reusable automation test scripts and execute them in an Agile/Scrum-based development environment
- Good experience in API - Manual and Automation testing
- Comfort in setting up a CI/CD environment with test setup integration knowledge.
- Practical experience using source code control systems
- The abilities to define and implement tool strategy, test automation frameworks and reusable
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platforms (or similar) and SQL
- Excellent team communication and mentorship skills
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Free lunch while in-office
- Unlimited monthly Metrocard
- Mental Health and Learning & Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.