Software Engineer - APIs — New York City
Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. We work closely with the following verticals: financial (including JP Morgan Chase & Co., Capital One, Citi, TD, Discover, Ally, Bank of America and Synchrony), automotive (including Ford), telecommunications (including AT&T and Sprint), retail (including Walmart), technology (including Salesforce, HP Inc, HP Enterprise, Citrix, and AWS), and consulting (including Deloitte and PwC.) We are currently expanding quickly into the insurance, fashion and health verticals.
At Knotch, we:
1. Enable brands to become better content creators through real-time and independent measurement & optimization across on and off property content investments.
2. Activate content to move customers to high value actions.
3. Turn content into a first party audience data source that flows into the rest of the downstream marketing platforms (CRM, DMP, CDP etc).
We’re proudly based in SoHo, NYC and we have a stellar team:
- Best Places To Work: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Small Companies to Work For: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Places to Work: Inc. (2019, 2018)
Knotch Engineering Team
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization, and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products as possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration and achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
Knotch’s founding mission has always been to improve the advertising and marketing industries in a lasting and meaningful way. Transparency through data is our ethos and something every member of our company takes seriously. We are looking for highly-motivated engineers who are passionate about data and eager to transform an industry to join us on our journey.
At Knotch, data is at the heart of what we do. We receive millions of web requests a day, process insights in real-time, and store gigabytes worth of information. Well designed architectures, simple yet effective software implementations, and smart execution have been the keys to our success thus far. We’re looking for engineers who embrace these aspects and who are eager to contribute on all levels of our products.
Software Engineer - APIs
On a team of 5, you will entirely own one of our product's features from end-to-end.
We Will Trust You to
- Build, own, and maintain product features from the ground up
- Understand why existing systems are built as is and then consistently seek to improve it
- Work with our Front-end Engineers to design APIs and deliver data to our product
You Should Bring to the Table
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience writing SQL with aggregate functions. Postgres specific functions a plus!
- Experience with a SQL ORM such as ActiveRecord or Sequel for Ruby or Sequelize for NodeJS
- Experience writing object-oriented code such as Ruby on Rails
- Pride in your experiences working on engineering teams to deploy code
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Free lunch while in-office
- Unlimited monthly Metrocard
- Mental Health and Learning & Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.