Content Marketing Specialist — New York City
Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables marketing and communications teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. We work closely with the following industries: financial (for example, Bank of America, Capital One, Citi, Discover, JPMorgan Chase, Synchrony and TD), automotive (for example, Ford and Lincoln), telecommunications (for example, AT&T and Sprint), retail (for example, Walmart), technology (for example, Amazon AWS, Citrix, HP Enterprise, HP Inc, and Salesforce), and consulting (for example, Deloitte and PwC). We are expanding quickly into the insurance, fashion and health industries.
At Knotch, we:
- Enable brands to become better content creators through real-time and independent measurement & optimization across on and off-property content investments
- Leverage content to move customers toward high value actions
- Turn content into a first party audience data source that flows into the rest of the downstream marketing platforms (CRM, DMP, CDP, etc).
We’re proudly based in SoHo, NYC, and we have a stellar team:
- Best Places To Work: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Small Companies to Work For: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Places to Work: Inc. (2019, 2018)
Content Marketing at Knotch
The Content Marketing Specialist is focused on the planning, execution, measurement and optimization of Knotch's content marketing program. This position reports to the SVP of Marketing, who is also based at our headquarters in New York.
We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun too. We run our company on three core values every day: Transparency, Relentlessness, and Inclusiveness. This role gets to blend all three of these values, to create thought leadership & insights. You will be the voice of Knotch on the content side, owning our longer form content and use your unique balance of creativity and data. Your efforts will cement our position, and your position, as leaders in content and storytelling. You’ll even have the opportunity to cover the latest news in content marketing. If this sounds like you, keep on reading.
We Will Trust You to
- Research high-demand national and global topics for marketing content and campaigns
- Write medium to long-form content (blog posts, reports, etc) to support inbound marketing strategy in a thoughtful, yet fun & engaging way (for example, the exciting and unique viral style that theoutline.com uses)
- Incorporate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices in all content
- Leverage our own Knotch products, data and insights to optimize your content projects
- Drive brand awareness and earned media coverage, showcasing thought leadership
- Manage the team’s content calendar including your content pieces
- Identify influencers that cover our space and/or can benefit from Knotch data and insights
- Work closely with the Knotch sales team to write content that is helpful for their sales cycles
- Share relevant marketing content, insights, and information with Knotch team members
You Should Bring to the Table
- 3+ years experience creating content in Journalism, Marketing, Market Research or other relevant field, preferably in the B2B MarTech SaaS space
- Ability to identify and write compelling stories that readers care about
- A unique voice with excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proof you’ve written web content that’s received earned media coverage
- Easily able to shift gears between critical thinking and getting things done
- Able to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities
- Self-motivated. Able to work both independently and as part of the onsite and remote teams
- Thrives in a startup culture where every day is a new challenge
How You'll Benefit
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Free lunch while in-office
- Unlimited monthly Metrocard
- Mental Health and Learning & Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.